One’s approach to combating brain fog and supporting overall brain health would likely involve a holistic and individualized strategy, however there are some universally positive steps we can take to improve brain health. Here are some common and easy ways to reduce brain fog:
- Dietary changes - Focus on a diet rich in nutrients such as healthy fats, antioxidants, and minerals while minimizing processed foods and sugars. Hydration and limited alcohol and caffeine consumption is also key!
- Improving sleep - Prioritize getting 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to allow the brain to rest and consolidate memories.
- Regular exercise & physical activity - Physical exercise has been shown to improve blood flow to the brain, promote the growth of new neurons, and enhance cognitive function. A combination of aerobic exercise, strength training, and activities that challenge balance and coordination is ideal!
- Mindfulness practice - Practice mindfulness meditation and deep breathing to improve focus and reduce stress, which can contribute to clearer thinking.
- Supplementation - Depending on an individual's specific needs and deficiencies, certain supplements may be recommended to support brain health. These could include:
- Omega-3 Supplements
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamin D
- How cool is this?! > Mitochondrial dysfunction is a hallmark of neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s disease. A contributing factor of mitochondrial abnormalities is loss of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). An alternative strategy to maintain cellular NAD+ levels is to administer NAD+ precursors, like NMN. Peep the fascinating research on the link between Alzheimer’s and NMN in this study & shop Amptogen (our adaptogenic superblend, formulated with NMN)!
It's incredible how a few simple changes to your daily routine can make a world of difference in your cognitive clarity. Everyone has "off" days when our brains feel like they're wrapped in a cloud. But with these easy lifestyle tips you can banish those foggy moments.
Staying sharp is part of what inspired us to formulate Amptogen. Packed with ingredients Shilajit, NMN, Resveratrol, and Niacinamide that are known for their potential to enhance mental clarity and focus, it’s designed to help you optimize your overall wellbeing including boosting cognitive function. Do something good for your brain and try out Amptogen today!